Thursday, December 31, 2009

What we've been up to...

Brian and I have been busy this vacation!  We decided to spruce up our downstairs apartment a bit, in hopes of getting some more action during these cold winter months when no one seems to be looking for apartments.

Even though I really like the "retro-ness" of the black and white kitchen floor, it is pretty grungy and we decided to redo it with some high quality laminate.  The guys are coming on Wednesday to put it down.  I'm very excited about it.  I think it will really brighten up the kitchen/bathroom area.  We also decided to paint the gray bedroom a nice cream color.  I went back and forth on this, but we finally decided that it was worth it.  It looks great.  Today we are painting the galley kitchen a nice warm green color and possibly the bathroom too.  Yesterday we went to IKEA and bought some great space savers, a kitchen organization/counter unit and a wardrobe (since there is no closet in the bedroom).  I haven't taken pictures yet, but when everything is done I'll post before and after photos. I want to live down there, now!

In between coats of paint, I've been crocheting like a mad woman.  I'm on my 12th hat, I think.  Not an exaggeration.

Here some shots from PhotoBooth.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment