Hoping you all had a wonderful Christmas, too!
Friday, December 27, 2013
Monday, December 23, 2013
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Even though Brian and Levi claimed to "know" it was a girl all along, personally, I needed an ultrasound to confirm. :) We are all ecstatic and can't wait for "baby sister" to join us. Of course the day after we found out, I made her a bonnet among a few other cute little girly things...just because I could. It's going to be a fun few months of preparing for our already very loved little gal.
(bonnet pattern HERE)
Sunday, December 15, 2013
O holy Child of Bethlehem, descend to us, we pray;
Cast out our sin, and enter in, be born in us today.
We hear the Christmas angels the great glad tidings tell;
O come to us, abide with us, our Lord Emmanuel!
- an abiding God
- the world in white
- nightly elfing dates with my love; working on handmades for those we love
- an atomic date with my boy and a surprise hang out with Kristin
- the first Christmas cards in the mail
- an encouraging dr. appointment, no signs of my bad antibodies are getting to the baby
- a family Christmas party; a warm car massage chair scored at the yankee swap
- Brian feeling the baby for the first time
- the first real snow, especially Levi's excitement; "we have to make a snow dad and a snow mom and a snow Levi and a snow car!"
- nutella hot chocolate
- a good and long skype to Fiji
- boxes of hand-me-downs from cousin Thomas
- a hilarious pinterest craft fail with Jen
- a gig for Brian that turned into a fancy date, as well; a many coursed meal, local food, good company, carols around the fire while snow fell
- Levi's focused drumming during Sunday worship
Sunday, December 8, 2013
Come, Thou long expected Jesus
Born to set Thy people free;
From our fears and sins release us,
Let us find our rest in Thee.
Israel’s Strength and Consolation,
Hope of all the earth Thou art;
Dear Desire of every nation,
Joy of every longing heart.
Thankful this week, for ....
- Christ, my Strength and Consolation, the Joy of my longing heart
- A Sound of Music LIVE viewing party with the family, complete with Apple Studel
- "Mama? I'm growing bigger and bigger and bigger! I'll be bigger than Daddy! And then I'll change YOUR diaper!"
- my occasional all-by-myself Christmas shopping trips, with a salted caramel mocha latte
- Afternoon napping finally turned into afternoon nesting
- a surprise date in Gloucester
- pizza and grocery shopping family dates
- the Kettle decorated for Christmas; many quiet nights of knitting, Christmas music and twinkle lights.
- last minute playdates with friends
- finding a bin of much needed hand-me-downs for Levi that I forgot about
- my husband napping on my lap
- a beyond relaxing massage; a thoughtful friend
- our neighborhood group Christmas party; good laughs, a fun yankee swap and especially Eva's amazing snickerdoodles.
- a visit from Lili
- our cute little baby Christmas tree
Sunday, December 1, 2013
- a full, restful and thankful Thanksgiving and Kimmie here!
- my Dad's focus and intensity about the family Christmas picture
- a visit with the Drosts, especially Levi and Caroline playing music together
- Levi and daddy games; wrestling matches, band practice and horsey rides
- hands busy with needles and yarn
- date with my sisters in the city; window shopping, laughter and lattes.
- texts from a fellow despiser of the cold, and realizing we made the same dinner
- Robittusin, vicks and humidifiers...and a kind (yet tired) husband.
- Levi; his imagination and humor, sweet and friendly disposition, and when he falls asleep on me
- a guest preacher and a meaningful start to advent
- cuddle time with my boys
- Levi reading with his great Grandpa
- pasta dinner from Jean Louis' Homemade Pasta Shop
- Christmas music and my elfing well underway
- "Mama, you're awesome!" - Levi, first thing in the morning
- a visit to Brian's school, fun traditions and Levi having a blast playing with his Dad's students
- surprise gift certificates
- kind emails from blog readers, just checking in :)
- feeling our inside baby kick and stretch all day long; a healthy pregnancy so far and almost half way there!