Saturday, October 31, 2015
Wednesday, October 14, 2015
these days, I'm,
- wanting badly to blog again, to record our days and count our blessings; wondering if I'll have the time or motivation to continue to do so
- grieving the loss of my dear Dad and breathing "to live is Christ, to die is gain".
- rejoicing at the recent wedding of my littlest sister, thankful for a new brother and heartbroken that Dad didn't make it.
- cutting out as much extraneous "stuff" as I possibly can and trying to focus on what counts
- in the groove of a new school year with wonderful students who are making beautiful art
- enjoying my ninth year of marriage with the one I still can't get enough of and excitedly planning and saving up for a celebration of our 10th.
- doing yet a little more schooling with Levi and enjoying (almost) every minute ;), finding endless inspiration from Charlotte Mason
- listening to Magnolia laugh and say new words and mimic everything she hears and sees from her beloved older brother
- spending as much time outside as possible and soaking up October; the blushing trees, golden light, crisp air.
- thankful for this season of slowing, simplifying, cloistering in.
Thursday, October 1, 2015
(Most years it's late October and the apples are almost gone before I end up finally going apple picking. This year, somehow we went 5 times at 4 different orchards! Needless to say, it was quite the apple-y autumn for the James family. Apple crisp, anyone?)