Wednesday, October 14, 2015

these days

these days, I'm,

- wanting badly to blog again, to record our days and count our blessings; wondering if I'll have the time or motivation to continue to do so
- grieving the loss of my dear Dad and breathing "to live is Christ, to die is gain".
- rejoicing at the recent wedding of my littlest sister, thankful for a new brother and heartbroken that Dad didn't make it.
- cutting out as much extraneous "stuff" as I possibly can and trying to focus on what counts
- in the groove of a new school year with wonderful students who are making beautiful art
- enjoying my ninth year of marriage with the one I still can't get enough of and excitedly planning and saving up for a celebration of our 10th.
- doing yet a little more schooling with Levi and enjoying (almost) every minute ;), finding endless inspiration from Charlotte Mason
- listening to Magnolia laugh and say new words and mimic everything she hears and sees from her beloved older brother
- spending as much time outside as possible and soaking up October; the blushing trees, golden light, crisp air.
- thankful for this season of slowing, simplifying, cloistering in.

3 comments:

  1. I´m so sorry for your dad!
    Beautiful pictures of my favorite season of the year. Enjoy your days with family and stuff what counts ;-)
    Greeting from Prague in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! On a whim, I checked your blog today. Almost didn't, since it's been so long, and I really wasn't expecting to see anything. I'm thrilled you posted just yesterday! Your pictures and words bring beauty into my day. Also, we need to go apple picking.
    ~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see you! I've been trying to get to your blog for months now and it's been private :( So glad to see you are back again!

    ReplyDelete