Sunday, December 8, 2013

strength and consolation

Come, Thou long expected Jesus
Born to set Thy people free;
From our fears and sins release us,
Let us find our rest in Thee.
Israel’s Strength and Consolation,
Hope of all the earth Thou art;
Dear Desire of every nation,
Joy of every longing heart.


Thankful this week, for ....

- Christ, my Strength and Consolation, the Joy of my longing heart
- A Sound of Music LIVE viewing party with the family, complete with Apple Studel
- "Mama? I'm growing bigger and bigger and bigger! I'll be bigger than Daddy! And then I'll change YOUR diaper!"
- my occasional all-by-myself Christmas shopping trips, with a salted caramel mocha latte 
- Afternoon napping finally turned into afternoon nesting
- a surprise date in Gloucester
- pizza and grocery shopping family dates
- the Kettle decorated for Christmas; many quiet nights of knitting, Christmas music and twinkle lights.
- last minute playdates with friends
- finding a bin of much needed hand-me-downs for Levi that I forgot about
- my husband napping on my lap
- a beyond relaxing massage; a thoughtful friend
- our neighborhood group Christmas party; good laughs, a fun yankee swap and especially Eva's amazing snickerdoodles.
- a visit from Lili
- our cute little baby Christmas tree


No comments:

Post a Comment