Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sufjan and Baby Bunnies

Happy New Year!  A get together at our place with old friends, a family party, a CD release party...I'm all partied out and glad to spend the night at home in Sea Kettle for the first time in a while.

We took a break from renovation downstairs (it's so hard to stop!) and snuggled in our warm living room for some arts and crafts and music.  Brian just bought the new Sufjan Stevens album, "The BQE".  It's a 40 minute symphonic work on DVD with awesome video shots of Brooklyn to go along with it.  Definitely worth a listen.  Actually, I thought it was quite incredible.  It comes with an essay and a fun art that you are supposed to put in a viewfinder (remember that old toy?).

While we listened and watched, I made this little bunny.  I'm done with hats for the moment and have been wanting to try to crochet a little stuffed animal.  This one was cute, although a little misshapen.  I was supposed to embroider the eyes and nose on before I stuffed it, but forgot.  The ones on him now are temporary, I need to figure out what to do.   It was a fun first attempt, I think I'll definitely try some more patterns and give them to all my wee friends. Since Brian loves bunnies so much, this one is for him.





No comments:

Post a Comment