Monday, January 11, 2010

Blessings and Papua New Guinea


holy experience


 Psalm 30: 11-12:  You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent.  O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!

I'm joining the community at "A Holy Experience" in counting 1000 gifts and blessings.

161. a full weekend of friends and family
162. expertly made fire by Grandpa
163. cookies and heart to hearts with old friends
164. stir fry and baked apples with a best friend
165. old movies
166. baptisms
167. new life and new faith
168. cousins
169. Egyptian camomile tea and apple butter
170. Grandma watching her grandchildren and insisting on making all of us hot chocolate
171. rambunctious hockey games
172. a stolen kiss in the cold
173. church family
174. a hurting friend who still smiles and loves and listens
175. quick glances, gentle touches
176. A whole family together, playing and laughing and loving together before some fly across the Pacific to give the gift of God's Word to hurting people.
177. 4 kids full of bravery and courage
178. Grace, grace, grace

Below is the first FULL Swanson Family (Mattson, McKenna and James) photo in a looong time. This is my Mom's side of the family. We got together last night to see my Uncle Eric, Aunt Julie and our cousins Elizabeth, Richard, Robert and Timothy. They are moving to Papua New Guinea next week and we probably won't see them for at least 3 1/2 years. They will be working with Wycliffe Bible Translators. If you think of it, will you pray for them and their transition and safety?


Here are our last family photos before they make their trek across the Pacific.






1 comment:

  1. I love this: "Grace, Grace & Grace" Great list, thank you for sharing it with us!! Be Blessed, Angie in GA

    ReplyDelete