The occupational therapist at school brought in one of her favorite holiday recipes the other day. They were gone in a matter of minutes. I got the recipe and made these Holiday Cranberry Bars for small group this week. They were delicious. Definitely a new favorite for the Jameses. AND it makes Sea Kettle smell devine. They are great cooled, but also warm with cream.
Here's the recipe:
1 bag of fresh (or frozen, defrosted) cranberries
1/2 cup of sugar, 1 cup set aside to coat cranberries
2 cups of flour
2 cups of oats
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 tsp. of baking soda
1 cup of melted butter
caramel sundae topping
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wash or defrost cranberries and mix with 1 cup of sugar, set aside.
3. Mix dry ingredients and add melted butter. Mix until crumbly.
4. Set 1 cup of mixture aside for crumb topping. Press remaining into greased 13x9 pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Pour cranberry/sugar mixture on top of crust in one single layer.
6. Crumble remaining cup of top.
7. Drizzle caramel sundae topping as desired. Bake for 20 minutes.
8. Let cool, cut and enjoy!