Sunday, November 29, 2009

Post Thanksgiving Baked Apples

This year I made a couple of apple crisps for various Thanksgiving get togethers.  It is one of my favorite desserts.  So simple. So delectable.  I had a couple apples left over after the festivities, as well as some of that yummily crumbily for the top.  I decided to try some baked apples with the leftovers.   Now, usually you don't put oatmeal in the mix for baked apples, but the apple crisp topping already had it mixed in.  I decided to just give it a try and put the apple crisp topping on top of the apples and see what would come of it.  They turned out quite nicely.  It was a lovely warm and apple-y autumn breakfast.  Give it a try sometime!

1. Peel the top half of the apple.
2. Core the apple.
3. Fill the bottom of your baked apple bowls or pan 1/4 full of water.
4. Fill the apple with your left over apple crisp topping.
5. Bake at 375 for about 30 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment