Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Challenge

I was inspired this morning by a blog which always blesses me profoundly,  A Holy Experience.  I was challenged to start memorizing some scripture.  I realized that too much time has passed since memorizing my last scripture. During our first year of marriage I memorized Isaiah 35. This experience led me into deeper communion with the Lord and it was life-giving to have these words dancing through my thoughts throughout the day.    How could I be discouraged with these promises on my mind and tongue?

Then will the lame leap like a deer,
and the mute tongue shout for joy.
Water will gush forth in the wilderness
and streams in the desert.
The burning sand will become a pool,
the thirsty ground bubbling springs. (vs. 6, 7)



I think I'm going to start with Romans 8.  Would you like to join me?




Soli Deo Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment