Thursday, November 19, 2009

And we have a house!

It was a long and awfully arduous process and we didn't really know if we really had it until the very end...but lo and behold, the Jameses are home owners!  I won't bore you with the details.  Basically yesterday I got sick and stayed home from school, we got an email at about 8:00 AM saying that we could close at 2:30.  Brian got some aides to teach his classes and he rushed home to pick me up and get a bank check for closing.  After all of the craziness that has ensued over the past couple of weeks, I'm happy to say that the actual closing was quite enjoyable (despite my sore throat, headache and terrible cough).  The attorney was quite amiable and explained things in a very clear manner.  By 4:00 we had the keys to our new house!  I'm still sick, and decided to stay home one more day so that I can totally recover.  Tonight we are hoping that we can gather a few good strong men to help us move.  I can't wait to settle into Sea Kettle and as Brian so aptly put it "I can't wait to start nesting!"  I didn't bring my camera when we went into our home for the first time as the owners, but I have a few mental photographs for you to enjoy.

#1:  Mr. James carrying me over the threshold.
#2: Giggles.
#3: Together "looks" that meant "I just can't believe it's finally ours!"

Soli Deo Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment