Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Cross Stitch

 Cross stitch seems like a dying art.  I don't really know anyone these days who takes the time to painstakingly count and stitch for hours on end in a world of TV, internet and just general busyness... except my Grandma.  Yesterday we went up to Grandma and Grandpa's for a late Thanksgiving dinner.  Grandma handed me a packet wrapped in tissue paper.  Before I could open it she immediately began saying  "I'm sorry about this, I don't think it looks ok...you know how I can't really see that well these days...I just wanted to make you a Christmas decoration for the new house...but I don't know...I don't think it looks right."  My sister Kimmie just started laughing as I opened the tissue paper.  This is what she made.  This is what my Grandmother made me after she had a mini-stroke that has affected her eyesight.  This is what she's been working as she's been recovering from a brain biopsy. And she apologized for it.  I'm pretty sure I have the best Grandma in the world.





No comments:

Post a Comment