Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas Round Up 2012: The Family Color Number Book

(* thanks for the comments, emails and texts yesterday. We had a nice long cuddlicious day and Levi seems much better after completely purging his system..ahem.  Unfortunately, the bug was shared, so I'm rather out of commission today and literally counting the minutes until Brian gets home. This too shall pass, right? Stay healthy, friends!)
Levi's third and final gift was a "Family, Color, Number Book". I thought it would be a great way for him to practice saying names and learning colors and numbers. He loves pointing out people he knows in pictures, so I figured this might be a fun and motivating way to learn these other concepts.

During Thanksgiving, I took a photo of each immediate family member (or group) holding a certain number of a certain colored thing. I had them pose in front of a white sheet for unity and simplicity. After cropping/editing the photos, I used Blurb to put the book together and add text. Despite a couple of errors (green books that look blue, an extra purple painting), the book came out beautifully, I think. You can view it in its entirety, here 



(somehow I forgot to take a picture of page 8 and 10 - whoops)

And to finish it off.. 

3 comments:

  1. Aww, I love this idea! You did a great job. And sorry that you got the bug! I was happy when I read that you didn't... hopefully you are near the end of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a special keep sake. That little man is very lucky to have such creative, musical and artistic parents.

    ReplyDelete