Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The News





My boys at school decided the other day that we needed a school newspaper.  

So they started one. 

It was so nice to see them work so well together (not always easy for kids with Asperger's Syndrome!)and decide who would be the writers, editors, reporters and cartoonists.  They made sure that everyone was included and had a job that they enjoyed. 


The boys are so happy and invigorated when they work on their paper. And of course, as their English teacher, I love seeing them want to write on their own!


Their first publication came out last week. It's called "The Daily Yoshi" (I just recently learned that Yoshi is a character from Mario...they all are big video game fans). :) 


Below are some highlights:


History Fair


"With the history fair coming up this Friday, the kids in all four classes are working hard to finish their reports and their portraits.  Some tension might be forming as the kids who haven't finished are rushing to complete their reports. The teachers do not think there is a lot of stress, but some may disagree."


Sports Page


On April 9th, the Red Sox lost to the Twins.  On a brighter note, the Paw Sox won against the Iron Pigs!  We have reason to believe that I-Party is sponsoring the Paw Sox.






Love it. 






6 comments:

  1. Where can I subscribe? :) btw I'm praying for your dad,I hope he's doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thank you so much for your prayers! He is ok, in a lot of pain, but seems to be responding to treatment. We are all looking forward for this trial to be over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I didn't know you worked with kids w/ Asperger's. My younger bro has Asperger's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that Melissa! Yes, I work at a school specifically for kids with Asperger's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really amazing, Kerrie! They did such a good job. I can't believe how neat and organized it is. And I love that the comic includes the word Touché.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, isn't that great, Rachel!? I loved the comic.

    ReplyDelete