Thursday, January 23, 2014

Christmas Projects 2013: Levi's Bookmarks


Levi and I worked together (sorta..haha) to create bookmarks for his Christmas gift to his grandparents and aunts and uncles. 
We began by doing a little photo shoot of him reading a favorite book (One Morning in Maine by Robert McCloskey) in front of one of our bookcases. I waited until he was in a silly enough mood that he would ham it up in front of the camera and I didn't have to wait long. :) 
Next, I picked 5 favorite shots, stacked them in the "collage" mode of Picasa (google's free photo editing program). I ended up being able to fit 5 bookmarks side by side on one 8x10 page. When I finished creating the collage in Picasa, I sent the file over to CVS and printed enough copies for the amount of bookmarks I needed (I think I printed 2 in color and 1 in black and white, so I ended up with 15 bookmarks). Each bookmark was cut out, I glued an appropriate quote on the backside and then I laminated them. Easy peasy, cute and they seemed to be a big hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment