Thursday, January 9, 2014

Christmas Projects 2013: Fleece Pocket Hand-warmers

After I finished the infinity scarves, I made a couple of extra little goodies for the girls. The theme this year seemed to be turning into "keep warm", so I decided to make everyone pocket hand warmers (besides my sisters, I'll share their gift tomorrow).

For my pocket warmers, I cut out 4 hearts from a piece of fleece, then sewed around the edges, keeping a little more than an inch open. I added some pomegranate vanilla essential oil to a bowl of rice and filled each heart with the scented rice. Next, I stitched up the hole and voila!

To use them, you simply stick them in the microwave for about 30 seconds and then put them in your pockets to keep your hands warm. Cute, useful AND they smell good! 

(hand warmers inspired by THIS post



No comments:

Post a Comment