Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Christmas Projects 2013: Leather Moleskine Journal Cover

If you know my husband, you probably know that he's never without at least one moleskine journal. He's always jotting down creative writing ideas, philosophical and theological musings, song ideas and if I'm lucky, poems for his wifey. :) 

For Christmas this year, I decided to make him a cover for his small moleskines. I ended up using THIS tutorial because of it's simple design and I liked that it held two journals that are easily switched out when you fill them up. After constructing the cover with leather and elastic, I used a wood burning tool to add some custom designs (peacock feathers are symbolically inspiring to him) and then I finished it off with some pretty beads for the ends of the bookmarkers. 

He really loved this gift and uses it daily. At some point I'd love to make more of these..it would be so easy to customize the cover to fit any sized journal/book and the opportunities for the burned designs are endless!

1 comment:

  1. Kerrie, this is so cool. I'm going to share this with my son-in-law, who is also a moleskin journal lover. It's really beautiful. Well done.

    ReplyDelete