Thursday, January 19, 2012

Corks, Corks and more Corks

I've tried to enjoy wine, really I have. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) I gag every time I take a sip. I don't know...reminds me of cough syrup. Luckily for me, others like it. A lot. 


The other day my soon-to-be brother, Matt, brought me over an inordinate amount of wine corks.  I guess he mentioned to his grandfather (who's been collecting them for years) that I could probably do something with them. There you have it; I'm now the proud owner of hundreds of corks. 


So, what's a girl to do? I have plans for trivets, a plain old cork board, perhaps a bathmat? I started with something I knew I actually needed. In my cork-craft search, I saw a picture of a much-needed jewelry organizer.  


Not that I'm wearing a lot of jewelry these days with a little pumpkin who loves grabbing anything he can get his hands on...still, I love that they aren't in a great big knotted jewelry-ball on my dresser anymore. Now they look pertty, they're organized and they'll be waiting for me when I'm ready to don on my "jewels" again. 


Any other awesome ideas for corks? 
Any neary-by friends want to share in the wealth?
A cork craft party, perhaps? ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO jealous! I recently saw a store-bought cork board made of old wine corks and I've been dreaming of one ever since! So fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete