Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas Project Round-Up: Gnomie Hat and Mittens

I made this little hat and mitten set for my babe.  These were all done in an afternoon, so a very quick knit indeed! I stumbled upon this gnomie hat pattern and the mittens are actually the same pattern as the paws from his bear costume, I just used bigger sized needles. I put them on a string so we wouldn't lose the them (huh, can I put his socks on strings? I lose baby socks like nobody's business!). 
I think this set would be the perfect winter gift for any little person, if you can stand the cuteness. And come on, you could probably knit these up in less time than it takes to get through crazy holiday mall traffic. I try my best to steer clear of that place as much as possible!  
Ain't he the cutest little gnome you ever did see? 

2 comments:

  1. The hat and mitten set is just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That can't be your baby! He's growing TOO FAST! He's so cute! Look at him! Bearing weight! Wow! The hat and mitts look GREAT! I should make mitts for Maura!

    ReplyDelete