Sunday, November 14, 2010

Spiritual Helps


_______________________________________________


Spiritual Helps

Eternal Father, it is amazing love, 
that Thou hast sent Thy Son to suffer in my stead,
 that Thou hast added the Spirit
 to teach, comfort, guide, 
that Thou hast allowed the ministry of angels to wall me round; 
all heaven subserves the welfare of a poor worm.

 Permit Thy unseen servants to be ever active on my behalf, 
and to rejoice when grace expands in me. 
Suffer them never to rest until my conflict is over, 
and I stand victorious on salvation's shore.
Grant that my proneness to evil, 
deadness to good, resistance to Thy Spirit's motions, 
may never provoke Thee to abandon me.

 May my hard heart awake Thy pity,
 not Thy wrath, 
And if the enemy gets an advantage through my corruption, 
let it be seen that heaven is mightier than hell, 
that those for me are greater than those against me.

 Arise to my help in richness of covenant blessings, 
keep me feeding in the pastures of Thy strengthening Word, 
searching Scripture to find Thee there.
If my waywardness is visited with a scourge, 
enable me to receive correction meekly,
 to bless the reproving hand,
 to discern the motive of rebuke,
 to respond promptly, and do the first work. 

Let all Thy fatherly dealings make me a partaker of Thy holiness. 
Grant that in every fall I may sink lower on my knees, 
and that when I rise it may be to loftier heights of devotion. 
May my every cross be sanctified, 
every loss be gain,
 every denial a spiritual advantage, 
every dark day a light of the Holy Spirit,
 every night of trial a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment