Tuesday, November 9, 2010

a rose by and by

Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern; it will come out a rose by and by.  Life is like that - one stitch at a time taken patiently and the pattern will come out all right like the embroidery.  -Oliver Wendell Holmes

On Saturday we had a crafting get-together at church.  It was a lovely time of knitting, crocheting, jewelry making, card making, donut eating, coffee drinking, meeting new friends and some sweet fellowship. The highlight of my morning was teaching a 7 year old how to knit. She picked it up so quickly! It so warms my heart to see little ones desiring to learn these precious crafts.

tuesdays unwrapped at cats

3 comments:

  1. ooh, I wish I could have been there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this. I love that you are teaching and they are learning such a special skill. I love the photos. I love the quote (and might use it myself one day!) I love your header, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do that at our church, too, only we call it "UFO Night" (Unfinished Objects).

    Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete