Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Blanket for Cousin Drost

On Saturday, we celebrated the upcoming birth of the newest member of our extended family.  Brian's cousin, PJ, and his wife, Brenna, are expecting their first child in January. A while ago, they announced that the baby is a girl and I was very excited to crochet a girly little baby blanket for her.  

I searched the web for patterns and finally landed on this "Around the Rosy" pattern.  It's a little different, but I think it's a lovely twist on the traditional baby blanket. I found some soft baby yarn in pink and went to work. I hope that it keeps baby girl Drost warm and cozy and loved all winter long.  

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I have no doubt it will be loved by both mom and baby - great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's adorable. It looks like a doily. Baby Girl Drost will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks ladies. I had MUCH fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerrie, I LOVE it! And I know baby Drost will love it too :). It's such a special gift. I am actually going to post a photo of it on my blog, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Kerrie, and it looks great for swaddling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful and unique, kerrie. i *tried* to crochet a baby blanket for my sis-in-law. let's just say it didn't come out looking like yours. ;)

    ReplyDelete