Thursday, May 6, 2010

How I make my commute bearable ...

I have a long commute to work each day. During most of the year, it takes between 45 minutes and an hour, and over two hours on the worst of days. As much as I dread it some mornings, someday I'll probably miss these long, quiet, early morning rides.

For now, here's how I cope:

1.  Get in the passenger seat. 
I'm thankful that I can carpool with Brian for the first 1/2 of the trip...

2. Put on 99.5 FM, the classical music station.  Listen to the enthusiastic, sugary-sweet host relish in Mozart flute concertos (morning after morning, she never seems to tire of them!). 


3. Drink warm and husband-made Chamomile tea

3.  Make lists, journal and pray.

4.  Knit or crochet, depending on the day. 

5.  Hold his hand tight and long
... then leave him at the mercy of 8th graders 

5. Climb over to the driver's seat. Finish the trip alone (not really), turn on the ipod or my guilty pleasure... and prepare for what lies ahead. 


...Hoping your commute is not as long, 
but just as bearable...

3 comments:

  1. warm cozy, happy. commutes can be rough, but sounds like you're making the best of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm certainly trying to! Hope you are well, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You without doubt have a style all your own when it comes to creating these nice blog posts.

    ReplyDelete