Tuesday, September 4, 2012

first day

It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken 
joy in creative expression and knowledge.

- Einstein
Today is my first day back at school. My schedule is similar to last year's; teaching art for about 10 hours a week at a small Christian school and an organization that offers courses to homeschoolers. I couldn't have asked for a better balance of being able to teach and also spend lots of time at home (and about!) with Levi. In the midst of the busyness and last minute stresses and preparations I have to remind myself that I'm so very, very, grateful.

I spent much of the summer writing new syllabi and lesson plans, making examples and cleaning classrooms...and I'm ready to get this show on the road, as they say. There's only so much prepping and planning one can do before you just gotta do it, you know? I'm excited about my new curriculum and I'll be sure to post student work periodically. And it's amazing how much less stressful it is to start without a 3 week old baby

Good luck to all the other teachers out there. Rock it.

And remember...

"A teacher affects eternity: 
he can never tell where his influence stops"
- Henry Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment