Of course, I had pity on the poor little guy and rescued him from his dire fate. He was obviously looking rather neglected so I gave him a sponge bath and went to work crocheting him a stylish black beret. He is now properly outfitted for his new role as the beloved mascot of Mrs. James' art room!
We named him Henri (pronounced ze French way of course!) as homage to French artist, Henri Rousseau, best known for his jungle paintings.
We all quite like him, especially in his new threads.(I searched all over the web for a simple baby beret pattern, but couldn't find one that looked just right. I ended up going pattern-less. Basically, I just double crocheted in a circle until it was it was the right size and then decreased stitches for the last couple of rows. Very easy...you know, just in case you too need to crochet a beret for your own wooden tiger statue. hehe)