- as you may have gathered from yesterday's post, the little guy continues to *despise* solid food. He dramatically coughs it out as we gave him poison, looks at us like "How DARE you?" and then screams bloody murder. I'm taking suggestions...
- Yesterday, Brian received an early Valentine. Let's just say, February's gonna be fuuuun in the James household.
- I'll admit, I get a little giddy when all of the tax documents come in the mail. There's something sickingly fun about entering in all of the information and then watching the amount of money in the box go up and down. That is, until it just keeps going down...haha. I'm hoping that my dramatic pay cut and the cute little tax deduction I gave birth to will bode well for us. :)
- the baby's new favorite thing is jumping in his jumpy-thing (do they have a name?) while watching the washer and dryer go round and round. It keeps him occupied for
hours, uh, 10 minutes (but that's hours in baby time)
- Brian is utterly convinced, to a frightening degree, that his recent haircut is the sole reason that his students are being more attentive in class. He DOES look more like a drill sargent now than a long haired hippy poet, I suppose. But, really??
- Levi has started getting very excited whenever he catches a glimpse of the kitty. Dmitri, however, is still wary of the new funny-sounding, limb-flailing, attention-hogging mini-human.
- I let Levi open mouth kiss me (on the cheek, mind you) with gobs of snot and drool running off his face. Yes, yes, I do.
- I'm thinking of planning a "Tea and Crumpets and Crafts" party during February vacation. First, I need to figure out what crumpets are.
- Speaking of tea and crumpets...Downton Abbey! (spoiler alert) Oh my gosh...Daisy married William?! William's dead!? Matthew can't have kids!? Can't walk?! The countess has a heart!? Mary's really gonna marry that awful man whom she doesn't love?! Bates still isn't free to marry Anna?! Mrs. Bates is still on an evil rampage?! Will dear Mrs. Crawley save the day?! ...Oh how I love my proper British soap opera.