Tuesday, February 21, 2012

(ok, so maybe there weren't actually crumpets...)

On Saturday, some of my favorite ladies gathered in the Kettle for crafts, tea, sweets and good chats. Between the lot of us, we made many wonderful things; glass magnets, bleach pen decorated pot holders, a cork board, clay kitties, kirigami cards and pillow covers. 
I had such fun and would love to host a "crafternoon" like this monthly. A modern version of the sewing circle or the quilting bee, perhaps? (I might have to make the next be "vegetable" themed, though.... I ate wayyyyy too many cream puffs.) 

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for having us all, Kerrie. It was a lovely day! Fun to get to see a tiny bit of what it's like to be your art student. You're so prepared and full of ideas (and supplies!) and encouragement :) And your young guests were wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! So glad you could come! We'll do it again soon.

      Delete
  2. Wow...maybe I could move closer and you would let me participate in your little group. I am sure this is such a blessing to the ladies that gathered for crafts and fellowship. All the things you do remind me of how much I used to be able to accomplish in a day. They also bless my creative side, the one screaming to be at the top of the "to do list". I did spend about 45 minutes last week trying to make a bokeh filter...no hearts appeared in my picture, maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! huh...did you try taking pictures at night? It works much better if you have round lights..and make sure that they are out of focus! Let me know how it goes. :)

      Delete
    2. I did go to my closet, but used candles not round lights. The tutorial gave the measurement in mm, did not have a mm ruler, just how tiny is that heart? I did try different sizes. Not going to give up, I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks

      Delete
  3. Love, love, love the idea. A Mother's Day gift for my sister in {love}

    ReplyDelete