Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tea Cup Pin Cushion


In the midst of crafternoon preparations I stumbled upon a couple of extra tea cups in my hutch overstuffed with miscellaneous and mismatched dishes. I stuck a candle in one for a quick decoration for my tea-themed party and I made a pin cushion with the other.

I whipped this up in 15 minutes with stuff lying around my craft room. I chose the burlap since it is already hole-y, but you could probably use any fabric.  Also, I found a big-ish button with extra holes and thought it would be a perfect way to organize my sewing needles, as it can be hard to find them when they're mixed in with the other pins. Now I simply stick them in the button holes.

You could have such fun mixing and matching fabrics, buttons and cups! 

There. A perfect little gift for the seamstresses (or tailors?) in your life.

2 comments:

  1. Love it. What a great gift idea. And the how-to photos make it look very doable. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came back to say how happy I am to read the "He paints" post. A few months ago, while shopping, I witnessed a little boy ask his mom to buy him some paints. She said no, you're too young, you'll make a mess. He looked so crestfallen. It near broke my heart. The boy looked to be about 4 or 5 years old. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete