Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Work Space

One of my mid-winter tasks was to tackle my little art/craft room.  
This picture was taken right after we moved in and it had since become a gigantic pile of boxes, art materials and crafty ephemera.  It was impossible to use or navigate in. And it was stressin' me out! 


So, off to IKEA, did me and the mister go. We found a hardy desk, two storage/book shelves and some pretty baskets. They did just the trick.


Now everything has a place and it's so much easier to use and work in. 
Behold!
Ahhhhh.

6 comments:

  1. Nice job! I'm in the process of restructuring my creative space, as well. It used to be called the "studio;" but about the time I had it repainted and cleaned out and ready to go, we got our sweet son. Because it had a kitchenette and was upstairs with the bedrooms, it became a bottle-making, bottle-washing, baby food prepping place for those middle of the night feedings. Now that the baby is 11 months old and doing most of his eating during daylight hours, we have the luxury of now performing all those tasks in our regular kitchen...which means I can reclaim the space for my creative endeavors! I get giddy thinking about buying baskets and storage items! You've done a terrific job...congratulations! And thanks for the inspiration!

    Best wishes,
    Paula
    www.paulasserendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started revamping my own craft space last fall as well! Unfortunately, morning sickness seriously got in the way ;) but it's getting there...and we've got something in common! OH EXPEDIT! How it just fixes EVERYTHING crafty!!

    I love your new space! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much ladies! Good luck on your own crafty/creative room ideas....and Jodi, I think you're right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely space! Thanks for sharing...fun to get ideas. Where did you purchase your large shelves with basket type drawers? Love it, what a great idea for the unending craft supplies that I have stashed in multiple spots.

    ReplyDelete