Saturday, March 12, 2011

An ordinary Tuesday and a gift

On Tuesday, I was having a "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day."  For so many reasons; most are too boring or confusing to go into.  I almost took a "mental health" day and stayed home.  Brian begged me to stay, but I insisted that I had so much to do, I had meetings to attend, I couldn't let my co-workers down..blah blah blah. 


So, I get to work and I just feel awful.  I stumble through an early morning meeting, dreading the day. Then, in the midst of my pity party and just before we went to gather the kiddos off the bus, my sweet co-worker handed me a little orange gift bag donned with bright ribbons.


I don't think she imagined how much I would appreciate such a random act of kindness on such an ordinary Tuesday morning, but her thoughtfulness certainly turned my day around. I'm so thankful for friends like this! And it makes me wonder what little (or not so little) things I can do for those close to me on ordinary days when they might need it most. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! What is ordinary becomes extraordinary w/ a lil love don't it? ;)
    also those are the most adorable baby booties ever except for the ones you made.

    ReplyDelete