Thursday, March 31, 2011

Blank Slate for Baby

I've been slower than might be expected in getting the nursery started, but I think I'm finally ready to dig in. The room's been painted a soft minty green and there's a nice cushy white rug to create the perfect blank slate. 


I'm honestly have no idea how it will turn out.  I have an eclectic sense of style, and almost never have an end result in mind. Having a theme isn't really my thing...little by little I find things I love and it eventually it usually comes together. So, I guess we'll all be surprised! 


I have started scouring craigslist for furniture and slowly getting together some decorating ideas and inspirations.  I'd love to get this done before the hot weather comes (which feels like forever, but I know it's coming!) and before I'm gigantic and uncomfortable.  So stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. What a GREAT color! I spent an immense amount of time "theming" out my little guys room in the likes of John Lennon's Real Love line. I painted all the animals myself:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/esthergirl/sets/72157603879176813/with/2252959516/

    Now? I don't love it so much anymore! LOL! This little one we are waiting with, in the event that we have a great room swap up and the children SHARE a room! We'll see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This room is SO COOL! I can't wait to see what you do with it. I love the rafter beams, the floor, closet, and the peaceful color you chose. Everything--just wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Caroline, I great job with the paintings! That is kind of how I feel about themes...they are really fun at first, but then sometimes they get old.

    Thanks Jodi! I'm excited to get started and see where things go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a soothing space... I think the color and wood wall treatment lends such a comfortable feel! There is nothing sweeter than a nursery filled with finds... treasures carefully collected throughout a pregnancy and over time. Theme not necessary :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We aren't big into themes, either. The room that the girls have has a beach feel, but I'm sure nobody would say it's beach themed (just has lots of stripes and airy material). Honestly, right now it really could use some help, but we're hoping to buy a house in the near future, so it's not a top priority. I love all the angles, it looks great just like that... :o) BTW we didn't get a car seat for our first born till 2 weeks before she was due.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a room that is incredible on its own! No theme needed- it's a gorgeous room! I can't wait to see how it turns out!!! :)

    ReplyDelete