Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Back to the scrapbook...

In high school and college I was really into scrap-booking.  It was an easy and relaxing creative outlet to engage in between studying and classes.
 Over the past few years my photos have gone(for better or for worse) from film to digital and this caused me to naturally drift away from my old hobby. I don't need to print my pictures to see them, so I just don't have a lot of photos hanging around anymore. 


I recently decided that this next stage of life would be the perfect time for me to pick up scrap-booking again. My siblings and I love looking at the baby books and photo albums that my Mom made for us as we grew up and I'd love to hand down something special like that to my kids, as well. 


I've been doing something a little different this time. I decided to give "hybrid scrap-booking" a try.  Basically, instead of designing a whole page, you get pages with different sized sleeves.  This makes it much easier to just stick photos in and then journal or decorated the areas beside them.  I may go back to full pages at some point, but since I don't want to spend an inordinate amount of time on this, I thought that this might be a good option.  


So far it's worked great.  I keep a file on my computer of pictures to print, then get them printed every couple of weeks. I have a little box where I keep anything that I want scrap-booked and then every once in a while I'll spend a night putting together a couple of pages.  I'm hoping I can stay somewhat caught up, but I hear that you don't have quite as much time to do these sorts of things when baby comes, so we'll have to see how I do. 


*For those interested, I bought my supplies at Scrapbook.com.
I got this album and these pages (among others).*


Happy scrap-booking!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man.... I wish there were more hours in the day... well kidless hours. ha. I would love to do this, but there are so many other thing that are higher on the to-do list (like sewing.. hehe). It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great album! Remember ;) you can digitally scrapbook! I think it became more important than ever to print my photos post little guy...so I started making a yearly album on snapfish...hardcover, documenting the months with quotes and sayings and pictures...last year? 1200 pictures of Patrick later (though we didn't use them all, but that's what I had to choose from!), we put together the 40 page album over about 12 hours! It makes a GREAT grandparent gift....perhaps I should blog about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't "We R Memory Keepers" the best? I actually like the overall look even better than "whole page" scrapbooking! :-)

    ReplyDelete