Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Late-Winter Flower Boxes

I've really been neglecting my flower boxes this winter.  Until last week, they were still full of old dried up ornamental grasses and pumpkins. Yes, pumpkins.  I had every intention of creating a beautiful array of Christmas greens in December, but the whole morning sickness thing put a damper on those plans real quick.  I finally cleaned them out and found some pretty coco rib flowers and willow stems to last us until spring.  I may need to fill them in a bit more, but I like them so much better than the rotting pumpkins!

4 comments:

  1. I just removed some christmas lights, as the bulbs were pushing them away... you know we've got spring here in GA...
    The boxes are beautiful, and the house color is also. my fav. Blessings this week, hope youre' feeling good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever! And much better than rotting pumpkins, which I'm usually scraping off my deck about now.

    ReplyDelete