Monday, February 4, 2013

gifts

“..all of life is a pure gift...the discipline of gratitude is the explicit effort to acknowledge that all I am and have is given to me as a gift of love, a gift to be celebrated with joy.” 
Celebrating with pure joy - 

- my boys, singing through the nursery rhyme book
- Dad, done with his first round of cancer treatments (a bit more chemo to come)
- an astounding piano recital; my talented friend, the beautiful view, my very enthusiastic and active-listener husband, filling my sketchbook to the lovliest of music 
- art projects coming out of my ears, in a good way
- "maama-y!" and "paaappy!"
- church online, when I'm home on Sunday morning with a coughing baby and a challenge
- an alone morning at Starbucks working on evaluations
- Nick's Roast Beef
- early morning family cuddle puddles
- a musical morning with the highrock playgroup
- dinner with my siblings (minus Kimmie), shepherd's pie, rollicking debates, strawberry shortcake and a game of "Wits and Wagers"
- Brian, home and warm after his polar plunge into the Atlantic (I can't even swim in the ocean in July!)
- Superbowl party at my sisters'; mostly cuddling Elsie, the puppy chow and Levi's dance to "Single Ladies"