Wednesday, February 13, 2013

a blizzard painting and an art show

Thanks to the blizzard that kept me contained and my kind husband who busied the baby for hours on end, I was able to start and finish a small painting over the weekend. I rarely have that much uninterrupted time these days to make art, so it was quite a treat to be able to get into "the zone", as they say.

The piece is inspired by Luke 7:22 (see below) and will be used as the main image for the Lenten sermon series at church. The passage is all about restoration which just so happens to be the theme of the art show/silent auction that our arts ministry is hosting in March. I needed to create a piece for that event as well so I went ahead and killed two birds with one stone. Bam.

(more info about the art show HERE...you should come. you could even come home with this here painting!) :)

* * * 

“..The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor." - Luke 7:22

6''x12", Acrylic on Canvas, 2013