Tuesday, October 9, 2012

today

Outside my window...it's way too dark to be awake. I kinda thought a day at the fair without regular naps would certainly warrant a sleep-in for the little guy. nope. 

I am thinking...about how to teach my high schoolers the subleties of value and tone.

I am thankful...for a fun day at the Topsfield Fair with the Bjorks and Antonells; especially free ride tickets, fried dough, baby quails, the demolition derby and Brian and Levi's duck race win!

In the kitchen...ingredients for a beef stew and other warm crockpot meals and yummy leftover wedding cake

I am wearing...a snuggie. don't judge.

I am creating...some sketches for a piece of art for ArtSpeak (our church is putting on an event this spring to show visual art and have a gallery opening with poets, writers, actors and musicians.) 

I am going...to do laundry, wipe a runny baby nose and grade my high schooler's altered book projects, this morning

I am reading... "For the Beauty of the Church" together with some other creative friends

I am hoping (and praying)...that Dad's surgery to take out the cancer in his lung on Thursday is perfectly successful and that he recovers quickly.

I am looking forward to...Friends Weekend 2012! (2011 here)

I am hearing...Levi sniffle. :(

Around the house...learning to live contently in never ending toddler-made messes

I am pondering...how to incorporate some helpful teaching techniques

A few plans for the rest of the week...

- Creative Arts group meeting
- help Ariel decorate and organize the nursery
- start a painting
- attend an apple orchard baby shower
- get my new (old) camera in the mail
- go on lots of walks, enjoy the hustle and bustle of October in Salem with this cool kid and his also-cool daddy...


No comments:

Post a Comment