Gratitude is a shield against fear and self-absorption. It makes the heart quiet and poised to listen.
Much to be thankful for this week...
- chili, cornbread and apple crisp with friends, Levi and his cousin laughing, playing and kissing..and the new cousin on the way.
- family dinner at the McKennas, Levi's very long and very awesome dance session
- those classes when everything just works just right, the lesson goes better than planned, kids make connections and create beautiful art.
- new words ("please" "bird" "bear" "food")
- friday night; 5:30 and in our PJs, eating pumpkin pancakes and bacon
- a donated drying rack
- family photo shoot with good friends
- Evan and Levi's "band"
- a saturday morning, just me; a pumpkin latte, time to put up the kids' artwork at school, the Tappet brothers laughing in the background, a trip to the art store and a clean, new sketchbook
- for a seemingly successful surgery for my Dad (though different than planned), a better-than-expected-recovery, getting to visit and lots of willing babysitters for Levi, his "patience in affliction", a beautiful hospital view (the whole city of Boston from the 19th floor!), and an early release from the hospital.
- lots of kind prayers, hugs, emails, texts, phone calls (especially my special hug delivery in class from a sweet friend through her very sweet daughter..)
- good words about the sabbath, singing my husband's songs in church, multitudes of candles, a surprise gift with a beautiful teapot inside
- our refuge, our strength, our ever-present help in trouble