just a little bit of this and a little bit of that...
- Dad came home from Mass General on Sunday (which I thought was VERY early considering he had a whole lung removed!), but he seems to be recovering from the surgery quite well. I was worried that he'd get bored and stir-crazy being home all day recovering..but my fears were laid to rest when I called him yesterday to see if he wanted a visit from Levi and I and he was too busy with visitors, naps and small group for us to come over! A good problem to have, I guess. Thanks for the continual thoughts and prayers...
- the knitting needles are out again, just in time for some way-cute James family halloween costumes (can you even wait for the reveal?!)
- Every Levi-stage is my new favorite. 1 week? Awesome. 6 months was totally the best. No 8 months. No, definitely 1 year. 14 months? THE BEST. How long can this possibly go on? (3? 13?)
- speaking of the little dude, the other day I realized that I haven't used my alarm clock in 15 months.. for some reason that blew me away.
- next week my high school art students are bringing in their independent projects that they've been working on since the beginning of the school year. From what I can tell, these will be the most interesting and varied independent projects I've had yet...a plaster mask, a sculpture made from pieces of an old boat and broken pots, 2 hand-sewn period colonial outfits, photo-realist ink and pencil portraits, a robot made from pieces of junk metal, and a life sized baby elephant made out of paper mache!? (just to name a few) I hope they look as good as they sound! We'll soon find out..
- Just starting thinking (in earnest) about Christmas projects. Lots of ideas...excited.
- I have a word doc on my computer called "The James Family Quote Book"...it really should just be called the "Brian Only Quote Book". It is here where I document the constant hilarity that comes from my husband's mouth. They may only be funny to me, but here are a few recent goodies for your (possible)enjoyment:
"I've had to stop signing my emails with "sincerely" since I started including one cheeky statement in every email."
After paint balling: "I don't think I hit anyone. Kerrie, if I went to war, not a day would I last. I'm a terrible warrior."
"You know what I'm gonna invent? I'm gonna invent a tall man's dresser. No bottom drawers, they start 3 feet up. I'll call it ManDress." (mandress?! what?)