Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Art Show Day!



This morning I'm donning my very favorite art teacher outfit (soft and comfy red polka dot dress, a homemade chunky beaded necklace and my black big-flower flats) to go and host my elementary students' end-of-the-year art show. This small private school has never really had an art show before, so we're all pretty excited.


Yesterday I was able to spend almost the entire day setting up the show. I must give a special shout-out to Levi's Nana, Grandpa and Grand-Nana for entertaining the baby all day, to my Mom for helping me with hanging, to Brian for spending the evening putting tape and push-pins in places I just couldn't reach, and to Levi for being so sweet and patient with his art show crazed Mama. 


Even though it's a heck of a lot of work to make it happen, I love putting on a good art show. It's so rewarding to see all of the kid's projects together and seeing their faces when they show off their beautiful work to their parents and loved ones. One of the best parts of the job, for sure. 


Stay tuned for more on the show tomorrow.


Have a lovely day, friends!

1 comment:

  1. I love the art shows that the art teacher at my small private school puts together. She played with the lighting by adding those work lamps that carpenters use and it was just a gorgeous display! Hope yours is wonderful too! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete