Thursday, June 21, 2012

this and that

Just a little bit of this and a little bit of that...

- I got me-self a haircut. I haven't been near a hair salon since I was about 7 months pregnant, so it was kind of a big deal. I think I shed about 5 pounds and I feel light and free and awesome. And NO I do not consider it a "mom-cut". :P 


- since we didn't have any snow days this year, Brian got out of school earlier than usual so he has a couple of weeks off before his summer job begins. We're milking this for all its worth. We're doing projects, making music and art, hanging out with friends and family, lovin' on our baby, going on a few day trips and spending as much time outside as possible. This is definitely one of the many perks of being a teacher and being married to a teacher. Summers rock our world.  


- Also, fortunately for us, our school-year babysitters don't want to give up their time with Levi just because it's summertime, so the Mr. and I have been having some fun dates at various times throughout the week. It's amazing what sorts of fun you can come up with from 9-11 on a weekday morning. 


- Funny story - On one of these morning dates, we went on a walk at a nearby farm/nature reservation. Brian saw an electric fence and decided that he really wanted to know how it felt to touch it. I tried to reason with him, really I did. You can guess what happened next. Luckily for you all, I photographed the whole thing. Lets just say that I wouldn't recommend it. Apparently it REALLY hurts. (silly city boy!) Oh and then we almost got attacked by two little blue birds. No really, they were trying to dive bomb us and we had to run for our lives so we wouldn't get our eyes plucked out. Just another relaxing morning at the farm...


- I've recently realized that all drinks taste better when consumed with a straw. Try it. 


- the other day we were walking around the neighborhood and we heard what sounded like a live jazz band. We followed the sound and soon spotted a station wagon full of young men driving around with their windows rolled down, playing a bunch of brass instruments loudly and with much enthusiasm. Made me proud to be a Salem-ite. That sort of awesomeness doesn't just happen anywhere.


- Ok confessions time. You'd think I'd be more on top of my chores, to-do list, blogging since I'm off of work. But no. Laundry is piled high on every surface of my bedroom, dishes are piled high in the sink, don't even get my started on my poor little craft room. I can't even walk in there. Usually have a week's worth of blog posts in draft form if not ready and scheduled. Nope, flying by the seat of my pants these days. Don't get too worried if I don't have a post up at the usual time. I'm probably not dead...just too busy enjoying summer. 


- I am loving our new church. I don't mean just Sundays (although the services have been great, too), but really just THE CHURCH. the people, you know. I've hung out with people from Highrock almost everyday this week.  I love that they love to be together and share life more than just on Sundays. It's really wonderful to to feel loved, encouraged and supported all week long from your brothers and sisters in Christ. That's the way it should be, no?


- Brian went to a co-worker's retirement party the other day. They had a list of quotes from the retiree, the best of which was this: "Blogs are like arm-pits. Everyone has them and they all stink". For some reason I thought that was very funny. 


Levi kind of walked yesterday. (!!) He was lightly holding onto Brian's pinky, but it was so.darn.close. I am so not ready for this!



2 comments:

  1. oh, kerrie! so much of this post made my morning! esp. bri's expression pre and post touching fence! love to you guys...let's see each other soon! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this post!! and i also TOTALLY agree about drinking with the straw... i am obsessed with straws (i want one of those straw holders that grandma has). i love that you and bri are enjoying your dates and summer :)

    ReplyDelete