Thursday, February 18, 2010

Chunky Beaded Necklace

I've been on a mod podge kick lately. The other day I was perusing Michaels (danger! danger!)and found some small wooden beads.  I bought a couple packs for a dollar or two.


When I got home, I began by tearing red tissue paper into small pieces then mod podging them onto the beads. The tissue paper created a textured, mottled look and the mod podge gives it a nice sheen. There are so many possibilities with this -you could cover these beads with any type of paper.]Newspaper, comics, decorative scrapbook papers, the possibilities are endless!


It was a messy project, but it was an easy and cheap way to create a cute chunky beaded necklace.  Although I'm not usually one to be in on the most recent style trends,  I hear they are in style. :) I wore mine on Valentine's Day. 





Here's the first lady sporting her own chunky necklace... and she's a pretty stylin' lady.  

1 comment: