Thursday, September 16, 2010

Trash?

I've always been a voracious trash picker (or is it "a prudent wife"? That sounds better!).  I don't know if it's like where you live, but around here, people are constantly throwing away wonderful, useful things. 


Some of my best finds in the recent years have been a beautiful oriental rug, an antique trunk, a desk and chair, and a large iron wall ornament. It makes me so happy to find free, discarded things and re-purpose them in a beautiful and meaningful way.

You can imagine my delight when my husband came home from a neighborhood stroll with some fantastic trash picks! I just love these shiny, ornamented, metal plates. Just gorgeous.

I can't believe anyone would throw these away..
their trash is definitely my treasure! 




5 comments:

  1. It made me smile to think of your husband thinking of you during a stroll and picking up those plates and his seeing your reaction to them. It is so wonderful to see a loving couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (first time commenting here, as I recently discovered your blog)

    Those plates are gorgeous! Do you already have an idea of how to use them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! Those are AMAZING!! I've got an eye for trash ;) I can spot the good stuff LIKE A HAWK! I love looking for finds on trash day!

    I also love thrifting..the other day, I was at the Goodwill and I scored a "Share Chair" all teacherly decorated and everything, no joke! 8 bucks! Some teacher must have retired and her donation was totally my score! My students LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I have been unashamed trashpickers for years. That's how we furnished half of our house. People do throw away some of the most amazing things.
    Gorgeous find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love stopping at Free signs.
    You have found some real treasures.
    Beautiful blog.
    Warm wishes, Tonya

    ReplyDelete