But lately, I've been a bit disenchanted with our bedroom. It's a wonderfully cozy little room, tucked away on the third floor with slanted walls and just one little window. When we moved in to Sea Kettle, it was painted periwinkle blue. Which was fine, but I wasn't really inspired to do anything interesting up there; it ended up feeling rather cold and dark. And unfortunately, this room ends up being a catch-all room for stuff I don't know what to do with or loads of laundry that hasn't been cleaned or folded. So it was busy, mismatched (in a bad way) and haphazard...and we're looking more for cozy, calming, romantic, retreat. Summer time = intervention time.
(this is an old picture.
things got worse, much worse post-baby..
I just forgot to take a picture of it!)
After some plans fell through on Saturday, I found myself with some unexpected free time. With Brian's encouragement (cause I'd been talking about doing this FOREVER), I bought a gallon of a light sunny yellow paint and went to work covering the cold blue with some warmth and light (while Brian and baby took a nice loooong walk). And about 3 episodes of "Fresh Air" later...
Even though we want to keep things pretty simple up here, there are still a few things on our bedroom-transformation to do list, such as:
- a few extra bed pillows for some color pop (made from vintage sheets or cloth napkins, perhaps?)
- repaint the dressers? both of ours are in rough shape
- something interesting done with or on the slanted walls...Brian wants to hang candle chandelier type things
- new art/photos or some other interesting things to hang on the spaces on either side of next our bed
- a headboard? kind of hard with the air conditioner where it is, but it would be nice
Lots of ideas, but for now, we are basking in the new simplicity of the upstairs room...and trying to keep the laundry monster at bay!
Stay tuned for the final reveal...