Perhaps it was due to our ultra-advanced planning, or maybe it was the haze of my forever-cold, but my sewing day with Liz came upon me quite quickly. I realized on Friday night (in a mild panic) that I didn't have any idea what I was going to work on. I had no plan and no pattern. So, on Saturday morning, I stuffed my bag with a bunch of scraps from the fabrics I had used in the nursery, hoping that I could think of something to make.
One of the last things on my nursery shopping list was a runner for the dresser. I soon realized that this might be the perfect project for my haphazard bag of scraps. I'd never made a runner, but it seemed simple enough, so I decided to give it a try.
I used the fabric that I had used for my embroidery hoops (from Grandma's scrap bin) and the fabric I used for my bird mobile and cut about 16 5" x 18" strips. This was a total estimation, since I had no measurements of the dresser. For the backing, I used the scraps from a recycled sheet from my vintage sheet quilt project. It went surprisingly quickly and within a couple of hours it was finished. When I got home, I tried it on the dresser and it fit perfectly. It really warms up the dresser and the price was just right!