Thursday, June 9, 2011

Handmades: Part II - Cradle Edition

On numerous occasions, I've said to Brian that I would love to get an old fashioned wooden cradle to rock our babies in (you know, Little House on the Prairie style). I can't tell you how many times I've almost bought one at a flea market or antique shop...I'm awfully glad I didn't!

The other day, we received a very special delivery. Our friends, the Henry's, worked collaboratively to make this amazing gift for Baby James. Tom hand crafted a lovely wooden cradle and his wife, Emma, sewed the mattress and linens (complete with an edge sewn with prayers). It is simply beautiful.

Brian and I were totally overwhelmed by this sweet little cradle. Needless to say, we can't wait to gently rock our baby to sleep in something so lovingly made by such special friends.

5 comments:

  1. Kerrie, it's so beautiful! You'll get so much use out of it and you can use it again, you know, when you recover from the insanity of baby number one ;) and then eventually when you are done having babes, you can pass it down to the next generation! What an heirloom!

    We have a bassinet that's been passed down for three generations. It's in our living room, all set up with a handmade quilt, waiting for Maura (who is slated to come home TOMORROW!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, guys! I was so blown away. Caroline, I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU! I've been praying for little Maura. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! Make sure the kitty doesn't steal the bed ;-)

    ReplyDelete