Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A quick birthday knit...

I wanted to make something special for my sister's 22nd birthday this year.  Unfortunately, I didn't get to it until the day before her party.  Luckily, my day was pretty open, so I started a couple of things, ripped them out, tried again...repeat.  I had this idea of a tight cowl-type scarf, but I couldn't find a pattern that I liked.  So, for better or for worse, I made one up myself. 
Here's what I cooked up...  
Basically, I just crocheted a short scarf, sewed the ends together, then crocheted some flowers for a little pizazz.  I can't decide what I think of it.  It was much looser than I wanted and it doesn't sit quite right. 
Anyway, Katie insisted that she still wanted it, so I gave it to her the other day.  Luckily, she loved it.  That girl can pull off anything, though. :)

3 comments:

  1. I think it looks perfect! I just finished up my Dolores Park Cowl, found here: http://sixoneseven.blogspot.com/2008/03/dolores-park-cowl.html

    I'm the slowest knitter in the world, and this is about as complex as I get, but I really love it! It's perfect for chilly mornings when I leave for school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies! Caroline, I love the link you sent! I'm going to try to make one! I'll keep you updated!

    ReplyDelete