Thursday, December 9, 2010

Paper Globe Ornaments

A couple years ago, I saw this project in a Martha Stewart magazine.  I couldn't find a link to this on her website, but I found another tutorial that you might find helpful here.  These paper globes are a fantastic way to recycle old Christmas cards or other holiday papers. 


My Nana, who is sells antiques and out-of-print books, always sends beautiful Christmas cards made from illustrations or plates from old books. She had a bunch of extra cards from years past, so I used these to create my globes. I love how vintage they look; a very charming addition to my Christmas decor.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those are really beautiful. What a good use for old but beautiful cards....now if I can find someone to send me cards that beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father's sister would make these. She said they were a depression time ornament. I think they're exquisite.

    ReplyDelete