Friday, March 12, 2010

The Sea Kettle Chef

"Cooking is at once child's play and adult joy. And cooking done with care is an act of love."
Craig Claiborne

I'm the first to admit that I'm not the greatest or most willing cook.  I think if I put my mind and time in to it, I could be much better than I am... but, at least at this point, I'd rather be doing almost anything else. 

(I mean, if I'm going to make a huge mess, I might as well make it with something fun like pencil shavings or paint!) 

Luckily for me, The Sea Kettle Settler has taken a liking, (no, more like an obsession) to making fresh, healthy, yuuuuummy meals.

His finest concoctions to date have been a pasta dish with a garlic and olive oil sauce tossed with chicken, tomatoes, zuccini and parmesan cheese... 


..many varieties of homemade pizza (with homemade sauce!)..









..and a *to die for* curried butternut squash soup with a cilantro and lime sauce. 


He's been working out of a great cookbook given to us by our most talented cooking friend.  "The New Best Recipe Cookbook" is made by the people who create the magazine "Cooks Illustrated" and the TV show "America's Test Kitchen".  Basically, they figure out the best way of making different dishes by trying each recipe and technique many different ways. Their explanations are easy to follow and extremely thorough.  And as primarily a consumer of said recipes - so far, so good! 








No comments:

Post a Comment