Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Sea Stone Paper/Photo Stands
Here's a quick little project I made for my art festival set-ups. I used these rock and wire stands for holding prices and town labels; you could use them for photos, dinner names cards, mini signs, bible verses or almost anything else thin and/or made of paper.
- Wire. Find some that holds it's shape but isn't too thick to easily bend and shape.
- Rocks. I wanted mine to be nice and round, so I gathered them at a a local ocean-side park that has the best and smoothest sea stones (Chandler Hovey Park, Marblehead)
- Pliers. If you can bend the wire easily without, then these are optional.
1. Wrap the wire once around the rock and twist it with itself tightly to secure on the bottom.
2. Wrap wire around the rock 3 times then twist it again on the top.
3. Trim wire if you need it (I left about 5 inches) and fashion a spiral, making sure to twist around enough times for a piece of paper to stay secure (about 3).
4. Stick something special in the spiral and enjoy!