Tuesday, March 5, 2013

the fever and a warm(ish) winter walk

It's spring fever.  That is what the name of it is.  And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!  
Mark Twain

I'm afraid we've got it bad in the James household (I know I'm getting way ahead of myself..as I write this post, snow is falling!). Last week there were a couple of days that were temperate enough for me to be convinced (thanks to two puppy-dog-eyed boys) to take a slow and lazy stroll around the 'hood. We've gone on plenty of here-to-there walks, but it's been too long since we've ventured outside just to hang out and let Levi roam around unhindered. I almost forgot quite how happy he is to be set free in the great outdoors; as soon as he was let loose, he was a running, giggling, excitedly-pointing, muddy little mess of joy. Little glimpses of what is to come, hopefully sooner rather than later!  Also, I need to get this kid a good pair of galoshes - pronto.